Jabra's new update for the truly wireless Earbuds, Elite 85t will include Alexa voice assistant. The update is available to both Android and iOS users after downloading the Alexa app from their respective interfaces (Apple store for iOS users and Google Play Store for Android users).
After downloading the Alexa application, users are to set it up, open the Jabra Sound+ application. They can customize their preferred voice assistant under the personalization settings by selecting Alexa.
The Alexa voice assistant allows users to make voice commands, control Spotify, get directions, make phone calls, set up routines, and many more.
You can follow these steps to have access to the new Alexa voice assistant update:
- Download the Jabra Sound+ app and if you are an existing user, update it to its latest version.
- Download and set up the Alexa app on your mobile device, iOS or Android. Setting up here means going to the Jabra app first, click the Personalization button.
- Click on Customize your headset.
- After the display of how to customize the type of headset to use with your device, choose Voice assistant.
- And then, select Alexa as the choice of voice assistant to use for your hearing experience.
- A notification pops up for you to give Alexa access as the preferred voice assistant on the Jabra Sound+ app, to which you will grant access.
- Lastly, press and hold the right earbud button to activate Alexa after granting permission to use Alexa, and then you are good to go.
When the right earbud gets tapped twice, it triggers the Alexa voice assistant and can be automated and changed to any other response on the Sound+ app.
The colors available for Elite 85t earbuds are Titanium black, Black, Gold Beige, Copper Black, and Grey.
Elite 85t earbuds have a battery set that lasts up to 5.5hours on a full charge, plus the 25hours of energy stored in the material case that follows it on purchase, making a total of 31hours approx. Active duration time.
The Earbuds have a speaker size of 12mm, a speaker and microphone bandwidth of 20Hz to 20,000Hz, and 100Hz to 10,000Hz, respectively. Also, the type of microphone embedded in its design is of MEMS specification.
On the integration of Alexa voice assistant, various features come with the upgraded system like:
- Notification and direction prompts.
- Routine setups.
- Spotify controls.
The new Jabra Elite 85t earbuds have the average ability to receive calls and listen to music like the default Earbuds functions.